18. By entering the Contest, the entrant releases and holds Releasees, as defined in paragraph 22(a) below, harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant, Releasees or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this Contest, any breach of these Contest Rules, or in any prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
19. Mining Matters and Teck Resources Limited assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any release. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any prize. Mining Matters and Teck Resources Limited assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of Mining Matters or Teck Resources Limited, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest.
20. By entering this Contest, entrant agrees to be bound by these Contest Rules, as posted on the WHERE Challenge website (earthsciencescanada.com) during the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Mining Matters reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions or use and/or general rules or guidelines of any canada.com property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, MINING MATTERS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
21. Entrant grants Mining Matters and Teck Resources Limited the right to: (a) use his or her personal information for the purpose of Mining Matters administering the Contest; (b) use his or her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information and/or biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (c) use his or her name and his or her respective city and province of residence in connection with the Contest Website, other related websites and/or any other media now known or hereafter devised. Personal information will not be provided to any third party other than as provided for in these Contest Rules. Mining Matters, Teck Resources Limited and any of their third party agents will use personal information only for purposes related to this Contest and are required to protect all personal information.
22. Each winner will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that:
A. confirms that winner’s (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the prize as offered; (iii) release of Mining Matters, Teck Resources Limited and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliated and related operations and their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors and administrators (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in this Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize, including without limitation costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and B. grants Mining Matters and Teck Resources Limited the unrestricted right, at the their discretion, to publish without any further compensation to the winner the entry submitted, name, picture, portrait, likeness, audio and/or video recording, interview and voice and any website dissemination or broadcast thereof of that entrant for advertising and promotional purposes. The executed Release must be returned within one week (7 days) of the verification as a winner or the selected potential winner will be disqualified and the prize forfeited.
23. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, logos, slogans and representations are owned by Mining Matters, Teck Resources Limited and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
24. Mining Matters reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, amend, modify or terminate all or any portion of this Contest at any time for any reason without prior notice.
25. These are official Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Mining Matters or Teck Resources Limited.